It was just over a month ago that Foo Fighters hosted their inaugural CalJam festival in San Bernardino, California, a tribute to the California Jam events of the 1970s. The lineup included Queens Of The Stone Age, Cage The Elephant, Liam Gallagher, Royal Blood, The Struts, The Kills and a dozen more acts. Now the Foos have announced that CalJam will return next year, expanding to two days and taking place on October 5th and 6th at the same location, Glen Helen Regional Park & Festival Grounds.
- The Foos’ headlining set at last month’s event included guest appearances from Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry, Gallagher, Rick Astley, sax legend Dave Koz and the Kills’ Alison Mosshart.
- Grohl also made an appearance during Liam Gallagher’s set earlier in the day.
- Cal Jam 2017 also featured camping, a water park, carnival rides, a recording studio, a giant skate ramp and a Foo Fighters museum. Parked outside was the white limo from the “White Limo” music video and Grohl’s stage throne from 2015, when he toured with a broken leg.
- The festival kicked of the Foos’ world tour in support of its ninth studio album, Concrete And Gold.
- There is no word yet on which acts will be appearing at CalJam 18.