Having trouble getting to sleep? The U.S. military came up with a method years ago that supposedly helps you fall asleep in 2 MINUTES. The first four are all about relaxing your body, then #5 gets oddly specific about what to picture in your mind. Here are the 5 steps . . .
1) Relax your face, including your tongue, jaw, and the muscles around your eyes.
2) Drop your shoulders as low as they can go. Then relax your arms one at a time.
3) Breathe out, and relax your chest.
4) Relax your legs, starting with your thighs and then your calves.
5) Picture yourself in a calm location, like lying in a canoe under a clear blue sky. . . or lying in a black velvet hammock in a dark room.
And if you’re still not asleep, repeat the phrase “don’t think, don’t think” over and over again in your head. It might not work at first. But the military found that when people kept at it for six weeks, it had a 96% success rate.