Technically, the first day of summer isn’t until June 20th, but yesterday was the “unofficial” start. An expert in sensory science came up with a seven-step process for the perfect ice-cream eating experience. So, if you’re REALLY serious about your ice cream, here are the steps you ned to follow . . . . . .
1) Take it out of the freezer and let it defrost for about 15 minutes
2) Don’t take too big of a bite. Half a teaspoon per bite is ideal.
3) Place the spoon upside down in your mouth, so the ice cream hits your tongue.
4) Roll the ice cream around in your mouth, and pay attention to how the smooth, creamy texture feels.
5) Breathe in through your mouth while the ice cream is in there. (the air helps it hit more of your taste buds.
6) Don’t swallow too soon, 12 seconds in your mouth is ideal.
7) Repeat with each bite to build up a, quote, “full ice cream taste profile.”