The game “Tetris” turned 35 yesterday. Here’s some “Tetris Fun Facts” for anyone else who’s spent mindless hours killing time playing the game . . .
* It’s been downloaded on more systems than any other video game.
* The first video game played in space (1993).
* The 4 celled blocks are called “tetrominoes.”
* Studies show Tetris can increase the thickness of your cerebral cortex.
* The next Tetris World Championships will be in Portland in October.
* An early computer version had a “boss button” function, so if your boss walked by, you could quickly pull up a generic spreadsheet.