It’s debatable whether or not the five-second rule is a real thing and it’s safe to eat food off the floor if you pick it up quickly or not. Buzzfeed ran a survey asking people which foods they will and won’t eat after they drop them on the floor. My rule: If the food has sauce or anything wet, I won’t eat it. Do you have any “Hard No’s” when it comes to the 5 second rule? Here’s the list . . .
1) A cookie: 95% will eat it if they drop it on the floor.
2) A Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup: 77% will eat it if they drop it.
3) French fries: 74% will eat it.
4) A piece of pizza: 49% will eat it.
5) A piece of a sushi roll: 27% will eat it.
6) Spaghetti and meatballs: 6% will eat it.
7) Bread covered in jelly, landing jelly side down: 5% will eat it.
8) An ice cream cone, with the ice cream touching the ground: 4% will eat it.