Today is National Pizza Day, which, frankly, feels like it’s a pretty legitimate reason for celebrating. So in honor of the holiday, here are some new pizza stats for you . . .
1) 98% of Americans like pizza, and 54% of us even say we LOVE IT!
2) Almost 1 in 3 people eat it at least once a week.
3) 33 million Americans would pick pizza as their last meal on Earth
4) 26 million would give up getting-it-on for a year for unlimited pizza (????)
5) The most popular toppings are . . . pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, and bacon.
6) The least popular are . . . anchovies, eggplant, pineapple, and artichokes.
7) When it comes to crusts, “regular” is the most popular, thin crust is 2nd, and deep dish is 3rd.